Arrange a visit
Waterbeach Lodge is the latest addition to the AgeCare Care Homes group. It is a stunning, purpose-built care home situated on the A10 Ely Road, less than 6 miles from Cambridge City Centre. Waterbeach Lodge enjoys views over the countryside and is set in six acres of beautifully landscaped gardens.
The original site was established in 1818 and became a Convent for Nuns of the Carmelite Order in the early 1900’s, remaining that way until the late 1970s’. Since then the property has had various uses but many of the original buildings were left derelict before AgeCare’s acquisition in 2009, resulting in the demolition and rebuilding of the main structure, being the new Waterbeach Lodge as is now seen today.
No expense has been spared on the magnificent interior, affording to all who visit an air of a top-star residential care home throughout. The ground floor lounge has been designed to offer an area in which Residents can meet and converse, partake in daily activities or simply enjoy the views of the wildlife that frequent the extensive grounds in which the care home stands.
All bedroom suites are capacious; fusing contemporary comfort with timeless glamour and heritage associated with AgeCare’s unique style. All rooms are complemented with direct-dial telephone and television facilities, alongside state-of-the-art adjustable orthopaedic beds and an emergency call system. Each room embodies full en-suite facilities and, due to the large floor plan of each suite, there are no restrictions when using wheelchairs or hoists.
Meet the manager
Beverley is an experienced registered manager, who started her career as a hairdresser. Her passion for care has enabled her to make a positive contribution to the lives of her residents and their families at AgeCare Waterbeach Lodge. Beverley has over 25 years’ experience in the care sector and enjoys working with a wide variety of people to achieve the best care for her residents.
Food Hygiene Rating
Waterbeach Lodge Amenities
- The care home caters for a maximum of 46 residents
- Residence on long or short term (respite) basis
- Double/shared rooms available upon request
- Communal areas including television lounge
- Visitors welcomed and encouraged at all times
- All rooms have en-suite facilities
- Room service and daily papers
- Private telephone and television in every room
- Personal laundry service
- All meals freshly prepared on the premises
- Special dietary needs fully catered for
- Spacious dining room
- 24 hour staff cover and emergency call facilities
- All personal care needs attended for
- Frequent GP site visits arranged
- Hairdresser, Chiropodist, and Optician
- Daily activities arranged
- Specialist dementia wing with dedicated facilities
- Passenger lifts
Read some of the testimonials given by the families and loved ones of our residents
Request a brochure
Contact us now to receive a free copy of our colour brochure
View our extensive gallery of all of the care homes and the people that live and work in them