Arrange a visit
Woodbury Manor was acquired by AgeCare Care Homes group in 2010. Formerly known as Clay Hill House, the original building was built in 1853 and was known as Woodbury Manor. Clay Hill is situated on the border of Hertfordshire and Enfield, easily accessible by the M25 and A10.
Over time and with various ownerships, Woodbury Manor was converted to a hospital, when it became known as Clay Hill House, and then to a home for the elderly. Woodbury Manor has three specific wings, “Woodbury”, “Cedars” and “Maple”. The Cedars wing is designed specifically for those that require dementia care.
AgeCare’s purchase of the property in 2010 and subsequent renovation has sought to restore the house back to its Victorian grandeur, and with this a return to its original and historic name – Woodbury Manor.
The care home is situated two miles from Enfield town centre and has four acres of mature gardens, with numerous fine specimens of Cedar, Fir and Oak trees. Woodbury Manor has fifty nine bedrooms which are situated over two floors, all rooms having en-suite facilities. It is divided into three separate wings, each having its own lounge or communal seating area. Each wing has access to, and views over, the extensive and beautiful grounds that all residents are free to enjoy at their leisure.
There are no ‘visiting hours’ as Residents’ guests and families are welcomed at any time.
Meet the manager
Valentine is an ambitious, enthusiastic and friendly care home manager with over a decade of experience. He started as a care assistant and worked his way up to become the registered manager of AgeCare Woodbury Manor. He has achieved a ‘Good’ rating from the CQC and strives for ‘Outstanding’. He is dedicated to delivering excellent care and ensuring the wellbeing of his residents, supported by his devoted team.
Food Hygiene Rating
Woodbury Manor Amenities
- The care home caters for a maximum of 60 residents
- Residence on long or short term (respite) basis
- Respite bookings taken up to a year in advance
- Double/shared rooms available upon request
- Communal areas including television lounge
- Visitors welcomed and encouraged at all times
- All rooms have en-suite facilities
- Room service and daily papers
- Private telephone and television in every room
- Personal laundry service
- All meals freshly prepared on the premises
- Special dietary needs fully catered for
- Spacious dining room
- 24 hour staff cover and emergency call facilities
- All personal care needs attended for
- Frequent GP site visits arranged
- Hairdresser, Chiropodist, Dentist and Optician
- Daily activities arranged, trips away catered
- Specialist dementia wing with dedicated facilities
- Passenger lifts
Read some of the testimonials given by the families and loved ones of our residents
Request a brochure
Contact us now to receive a free copy of our colour brochure
View our extensive gallery of all of the care homes and the people that live and work in them