Arrange a visit
Minchenden Lodge was originally built by the Earl of Chandos and is featured in the ‘History of Southgate’, a borough of North London. Queen Victoria and Prince Albert stayed there when opening the Colney Hatch Hospital and of later times Minchenden Lodge was converted.
It was acquired and re-opened by AgeCare in 1973 as the first care home in the group portfolio. It paved the way for the future of AgeCare Care Homes as a residential care provider and established itself as the only care facility at that time to offer top-class accommodation. It provides for 25 Residents and is about 3 minutes walk from Southgate Circus on the Piccadilly tube line and is ideally situated for local shopping and all amenities.
Being an older property and the first Care Home established by AgeCare, there is a quite unique character atmosphere of warmth and homeliness in what may be described as a forgotten corner of Southgate. This may appeal more to those Residents not seeking a larger or more expansive abode. There is single and double room accommodation situated on ground and first floor and some have ensuite facilities.
The Lounge, Dining Room, staff room and kitchen are all situated within easy reach and all the bedrooms are light and airy with a homely atmosphere in keeping with the character of the building.
Minchenden Lodge was awarded an “Outstanding” rating from the CQC in October 2019, the latest report is available under the CQC section of this page.
Meet the manager
Rahima, with 15+ years of healthcare experience, is an empathetic leader. Her management expertise nurtures inclusive workspaces, fostering respect and motivation. She excels in building strong relationships within her team and with those under her care. Outside work, Rahima enjoys theater and delights in hosting friends and family with her culinary skills.
Food Hygiene Rating
Minchenden Lodge Amenities
- The care home caters for a maximum of 25 residents
- Residence on long or short term (respite) basis
- Respite bookings taken up to a year in advance
- Double/shared rooms available upon request
- Communal areas including television lounge
- Visitors welcomed and encouraged at all times
- Some rooms have en-suite facilities
- Room service and daily papers
- Private telephone and television in every room
- Personal laundry service
- All meals freshly prepared on the premises
- Special dietary needs fully catered for
- Spacious dining room
- 24 hour staff cover and emergency call facilities
- All personal care needs attended for
- Frequent GP site visits arranged
- Hairdresser, Chiropodist, Dentist and Optician
- Daily activities arranged, trips away catered
- Dementia care and palliative care supported
- Passenger lifts
Read some of the testimonials given by the families and loved ones of our residents
Request a brochure
Contact us now to receive a free copy of our colour brochure
View our extensive gallery of all of the care homes and the people that live and work in them